Care and Handling of Tulips
- Be Careful: Tulips will open fast in warm conditions!
- To keep stems straight, leave the sleeves on until ready to arrange
- Cut 1″ of the base of the stem at an angle using a sharp knife or scissors
- Use only clean buckets or vases
- Use flower food and fresh water
- Remove all leaves and foliage which will be under the water in the vase
- Leaves left underwater will create bacteria and rot
- Avoid placing flowers in sunlight, near heating or cooling vents, under ceiling fans and on top of televisions
- Do not store your fresh flowers in refrigerators with fresh fruit or vegetables, The ethylene gas will cause them to wilt.